Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stripes inspired by Pinterest

It sure is hard to keep up with my nails when my 2 year old is running wild creating disasters in the house, and my 5 month old is attached to me. So this look took me all day because I'd have to stop after every nail haha. Hey when my kids need me, my kids need me. I'm very happy with this one though!


(Please excuse my super dry skin. Forgot lotion...)

I used Nina Ultra Pro "Punki Purple". It's such a pretty pink/purple color, and it dries almost like a matte polish.


I cut thin strips of tape and lined them on each nail, and then painted over that. I didn't let it completely dry before I peeled the tape strips off, and I do it that way so the tape doesn't rip up the polish that is supposed to stay on the nail if it's dry. It worked great!


I let the color completely dry before putting a top coat on or else the color "bleeds" messing up the lines. I put Essie "Pure Pearlfection" on top for a little shimmer, and then a clear top coat from Orly to add extra shine and protection.



This design was inspired by this blog I found on Pinterest:

http://pinterest-tutorials.blogspot.com/2012/12/striping-tape-nail-art-tutorial.html

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment