Friday, February 15, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge Day 6: Gradient!

Okay, first of all I need to fix something I'm totally embarrassed about. I just now noticed the little sign we have to have in the pictures for this challenge had the wrong link to my blog! I confused myself and put my nickname "Polishaholic" instead of polishandchocolateallday....OMG.


So I fixed that tonight and I wanted everyone to know I'm not a fake, I'm just clueless lol!

Anyways, I still need to practice gradients, like bad, but here's what I did:


I love these blues. LOVE them. Gradients are hard for me to do, but I did it. I used an untried Julep "Susie", L'Oreal "Club Prive", Julep "Donna", and Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant "Snow Storm" for the background. Here's how I did it:


I painted the white on first for a background. Then I used the 3 blues in this order:


And painted them on a makeup sponge:


(Sorry the picture is of the sponge after I used it.. I forgot to take the picture before lol.) Then I dabbed it on my nails until I got the desired look. I did this 2 times on each nail after they dried the first time. I feel I could've blended it better, but practice makes perfect, right?

This was before cleaning up and putting a top coat on:


As always, I ended with Orly's clear top coat. So glossy!

5 comments:

  1. You do NOT need to practice gradients! That is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Stunning blues and the gradient is great - looks to me like you don't need any more practice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, sam! I loved these blues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your gradient turned out great! Love that Julep!

    ReplyDelete