Sunday, February 3, 2013

Practicing the Half Moon

The next entry for Erica's February nail art challenge is the half moon look and I've never done that on my nails before, so I tried it out tonight on my toes. It took a few tries, correcting many mistakes as I went, but I like how it turned out!


I used Nina Ultra Pro "Punki Pink" and Essie "Smokin Hot". I tried painting the pink on first, waiting for it to dry, and then putting a french tip strip tape above the bottom of the toenail to paint the dark grey, but of course the tape peeled off the pink polish. Instead I used a small square tip brush, dipped it in polish remover, and swept the pink on the bottom off in the half moon shape so the nail was clean, then I painted the dark grey in the shape. That worked really well for me! I love these colors together, but I think I'll do 2 other ones for my finger nails for the challenge. I'm supposed to get a bunch of Julep polishes and other brands in the mail this week that I want to use. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment